Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ice Skating Adventure

This afternoon we went ice skating!  We are fortunate enough to have a nice ice rink just 35 minutes away (maybe more if the traffic is bad) from us.   While the weather is no where near cold enough to freeze a mud puddle let alone a large body of water the rink was perfect. It was really hard to get photos, but here are a few that turned out.

In the beginning Kody and Peter-Leo spent a considerable amount of time on the wall. Peter-Leo eventually ventured off with a little bit of possible cousin bonding (I certainly hope Isaac knows how to ice skate because I told him he did!)  Kody was either with Monty (or me) or using her death grip on the wall. poor thing.

Kody's death grip on the wall.

Daddy and Kody skating.

Trying to get back up.

Most of the time she was skating with Daddy like this
and she had a blast!

Peter-Leo and I. I pulled him off the wall and made him try to skate in the middle.

And it worked, he was doing good;
a little wobbly but with time he would have been good.
I must say we had fun, even if the kids only lasted a hour. Honestly, an hour on the ice when you are either scared or slipping and falling is probably enough.  I had fun after finding my footing I was doing good.  Not to brag or anything.. but in that last photo I look awesome!!  Just saying!!

Tag! You're it!!
Michelle