Saturday, January 1, 2011

starting the new year off.. right.. wrong.. lopsided. absolutely lopsided.

Yes, you read the headline correctly.  lopsided... from the latin meaning ".. any object or person that either sits on an unlevel base or has been purposely put askew by a greater ( or her lesser) power in order to be taught something or learn something she neither cares to or wants to learn in said manner."  
So. Ummm. That is toldly not true. It is not latin.. just a dialect of gibberish I picked up.
In recent days I have been thinking.. about many things, both temporal and spiritual.  I haven't found any answers, honestly just more questions.  You know that old saying "up a creek without a paddle?" Well I feel as if I am not only missing my paddle, but river guide, lifevest, map, sunblock, food, oh and yay, the river is filled to the brim with Michelle-eating fish that haven't eaten in weeks. Not a good time.
With that image in mind, after explaining my situation, friends and family are telling me to swim (quickly) to the shore!??! 
So. Okay. Honestly, they are right. I do need to get out of the boat and swim somewhere.. not sure which shore, or maybe a rock in the middle? This is part of my struggle.  What to do.. what to do??

On a lighter note... finished another project... made and canned orange marmalade and grapefruit marmalade. DELISH!!
Orange Marmlade is one of my favorite things.. Seville oranges are not in season for us right now.. but regular ol' oranges were. So giddy up!!