Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Meritorious Conduct Award, more crafting, and other decisions..

Let start off with the best and least confusing news. Last Sunday, my husband was beginning his shift (he's a cop, watch out people he likes to write tickets. lol) A call came in and Fire/Rescue Squad was short a medic. Because he had a little prior knowledge of EMT stuff (being a combat medic/EMT for 20 years in the US Army counts as a little right?) he offered to ride along the call. So, he hopped on the fire truck and off they went. They all tried very hard, but sadly, the man did not make it.  
Ok, the good part (and not to make light of a death but) first, he got to ride the fire truck. That in of itself is super cool (at least that's what I am told.) Secondly, his department put him up for a "Meritorious Conduct Award." We are all very proud of his willingness to respond to a call for help.

Ok, next agenda item.. more crafting.
Sorry I haven't done much. I made a skirt out of medical (army green) gauze and an old bed sheet. It isn't much but I thought it was cute. It took forever sewing all those strips of gauze on. Ugh. And sadly, the skirt is too short for me to even wear!  Oh well chalk that one up to "You live you learn."


And now other decisions I've made this past week or so... in random order...
1. I still don't know what I want to do with college.
2. Spiderman bites. He just bites!
3. I love our hometeacher. He gave us a window A/C unit for our playroom which has no venting at all. And it is working so good!! THANK YOU BROTHER SIZEMORE!!
4. And I am old. I went to the beach last week, and those obnoxious college kids were there, ruining the quiet solitude of the calming ocean waves and mucking up the second dump line.. and just plain old wrecking my beach's awesome quietness. I hate spring break. Yuck.
5. I was recently called to serve as the 2nd counselor in our ward Relief Society Presidency. Which is going to be tough as I am not as outgoing as I once was and just don't know what the sisters really need. So. This is going to be a challenge-but I've decided to put my all into it.
6. And when family history is concerned, I've decided to focus on my Dad's line. Techincally, he is my stepdad, but he really is my dad, my best friend and the one person who has really known me the longest. This should be quite the journey.

I think that is all I've decided this week or so. Kody got sick this past weekend, and yesterday I took her to the ER, she's got strep. Yay me. 

thinking & thinking...
Michelle