Monday, March 28, 2011

Rainy day adventures...

First, let's start out with how MUCH I LOVE cloudy, overcast and gray skies. Oh to be home again. Home no matter what my darling husband tells me, will always be the pacific northwest, mostly the Puget Sound. That is home.  Everywhere else is just temporary housing, no matter how much I love where our family lives, home will always be there. End of story.
So, today, guess what it's gray and cloudy and overcast! IT IS WONDERFUL!!  I was really getting sick of all that flippin sunshine! With that the kids decided to partake in a rainy day tradition.. playing in the rain, rain puddles, and just plain ol' stomping about the mud! Two words: FUN STUFF!

 Peter-Leo, Kody and I at the "lake" aka the massive rain drainage hole that all the kids love to play in.

Peter-Leo flying down the road on his scooter.

Kody splashing in the water. It was too bright in color so I had to make it B&W. I think she is priceless.


Kody hiding while we played in the woods (above) and (below) taking off her pullover, because she "don't need it. it's just rain mom. duh." We were so close to our house that it didn't matter!



Earlier in the day we started our "robot" we have the first layer on & we are waiting for it to dry.. maybe tomorrow we'll skip the second layer and just paint! More fun for sure!!