Thursday, July 14, 2011

Denver Art Museum

This morning the kids and I spent 3.5 hours at the Denver Art Museum. It was a wonderful time! I always enjoy art and getting my kids to enjoy it has been a challenge.. well.. it's been a challenge getting Kody to enjoy it. However, this museum had lots of small activities within the exhibits to help. Where it was Picture Bingo or a hands on "Build your own sculpture." It was great to spend soo much time there. It was a peaceful and quiet experience that really helped with us strengthen our bond.

I guess she wasn't thrilled to be King Tot!

Peter-Leo on the sky bridge that connects the 2 buildings.

Kody playing the Picture Bingo game. GENIUS!!

Art you can walk on!

This "piece" of art... made me feel like I was going to vomit!

Leaving the Outside Sculpture Garden..

Building their own sculpture/marker in the Oceanic Gallery. (Islanders rules!!)

And what would be a trip to the museum without IPODS!
Ever changing art.. the kids got to piece together scraps and attach to the art wall.

Kody working on her piece, which she decided not to share.. but take home.

Peter-Leo working on his piece.

Attaching our pieces to the wall.

I have decided to post the Marlevous Mud photos from today's visit in another post. Too many photos!!