Friday, June 8, 2012

Planting a garden...

Ok, so it's more of a small herb garden and some starters.. but planting Kody and I did!  Peter-Leo was not helping because he was too busy playing his DS. Which is the first time he quite a while so I let him go. 
I found a website that had directions for making "self-watering" planters.  Mostly for starters, but I figure the 2 liter bottles would be a good size for a few herbs.  After , I cut the 2 liter bottles in half, Monty drilled holes in the lids, and I strung the yarn through the holes in the lid, screwed them back on the 2 liter bottle and set the top part inside the bottom.. we filled them (and some of the floor) with dirt, planted the seeds and watered them.  According to the directions this first watering will create some type of seal and the yarn will suck up the water as the plant needs. We'll see.



Kody filling up and planting seeds!



Bringing the last one to the sink to be watered and set on the window sill.


Filling up the last one! YAY!


YES! All six are done!




Now if only they will grow!  Kody assured me that she would check in the morning to see if they were growing yet.  Oh! If only things actually grew that fast!!

Tag! You're It!
Michelle