Thursday, October 11, 2012

Life has been too busy!

Well, for starters. We have moved. From Kingsland, Georgia (just 3 miles from Florida) to Savanah, Georgia,  two hours north!  I will be the first to admit I am not happy about it.  I had fallen in love with being so close to the beach, Fernandina Beach was a short jaunt down the highway, 35 minutes.  Now, Tybee Island is a blah pain in the arse 45-60 minute drive away. BLAH! Also, the kids and I were quite settled into a routine. Honestly, our life.  We rode bikes to school most days, we had soccer practice with a league that was relatively good, we had our nature centers, and museums and the Cummer Art Musuem and we had Jacksonville. We had a great neighborhood with neighborhood families that we loved and kids to play with that we gladly let invade our home.  We left that for what I have began calling "The Hill" aka Richmond Hill (the city we live in just outside of Savannah) for a better police department for Monty to work for.  I am heartbroken which is probably the cause of postings to be nonexistant. 

Life isn't all lemons and bitter fruit... Monty is happy working with this new department, he likes the people he works with, they all seem to be really nice people. Peter-Leo's new school has all the gifted kids together in a class (well actually there are 3 gifted classrooms.) I have learned to let go of a lot of stuff, downsizing to a smaller home has proven good for my soul.  And between our moving truck not being available (hate Budget!) and scrambling to find another one (love Penske!) and the 2nd night in our new town having to take Kody to the ER for a high fever, and yesterday Peter-Leo's bike being stolen..the stress has intense.  Not that it is over, but it has lessened.  

So, here are some photos from September and October for you to enjoy. Sorry they are late!

Visit to The Old Sheldon Church Ruins, Beaufort, SC

Kody, being silly in a sleeping bag, at Aunt Dana and Uncle Everrett home.
 
 
One of the hardest parts of moving was leaving our soccer program in the middle of the season! This was Kody's first season really playing (aka not staring at the sky or picking dandelions.) She loved it.
 

Thumbs up to Daddy!

In between Kody's game and the Peter-Leo's game,
 I caught this photo of the boy with the most wonderfully handsome freckles!!
 
Peter-Leo after a game.
Kody moving the ball down field!!

Celebrating a goal with Coach Jennifer!!

 

The last day at Fernandina Beach, hate leaving a place that gave me such solace.
 I literally cried while walking off the beach!
I finally got to see, on my last regular visit, a pod of dolphins!! They were beautiful creatures and they came very close to the shore! They were amazing, I walked parallel to them for a mile or so. It was very difficult to stop and walk back.
 Fast Forward to The Hill. I went to the store and purchased some pumpkins for us to carve.

Peter-Leo's design.


Kody making faces while carving her pumpkin!


Peter-Leo and Daddy carving.
 Our finished pumpkins! I know here in the south because of the heat and humidity that in couple days they will have completely turned to mush, but I needed to do something to get myself out of this rut!!


Kody, Daddy, Peter-Leo, and mine.

No, it didn't help. However, I did find a real pumpkin patch up in Rincon! And I mean they actually GROW THE PUMPKINS!! They aren't trucked in! Complete with Hay Castle, corn maze, farm animals and hay rides!! We are planning to go up this Saturday, and yes that could help!!

Tag! You're It!
Michelle