Saturday, February 26, 2011

and the suitcase play case mania continues....

pahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahha!!

So while making the dino case for Isaac, Kody decided "hey I want one too. I want a mermaid castle." Umm. Okay. How do I make a mermaid castle.. errr.. here's what I got so far.

First, instead of a suitcase, I found this briefcase for 1.42$ STEAL. Only I had to figure out the combo on it. Simple enough.. to the GOOGLE Cave Robin!! (Ok, so it was only me. but whatever.)
I figured it out and ripped out the upper pocket and primed it with a white spray base coat, painted on a castle outline (on the lid/top piece because it was just for looks and it's shallow.) After that I added the "coral reefs" for the mermaids to sit and play on and take in a view of the awesome seashell castle.  I still a ways to go.. but here is what I got so far. Don't worry I'll post photographs when I am finished.
I know the shots will look a bit funny, but the shell castle wasn't dry yet so I had to take the photo upside down and flip it right side up for posting. Err. I hope that made sense. Anywho. You'll get the idea.



View into the briefcase. The top part is the castle made out of shells and it's just for looking at.


A closer view of the shell castle.



Here are the coral reefs for the mermaids to play in/on.