Monday, October 3, 2011

a broken cars, near shattered dreams and a win for the team!

Wow, that title is not very.. how shall I say it uplifting and positive. Well, except that bit at the end! 

The truth is our, no my, little 2003 Toyota RAV4 is under going some major (and costly) repairs.  It all started last week with a grinning sound and a whole lot of really bad shifting and jerking... now if it was a manual transmission you could blame the driver.. however it is an automatic transmission and it's going to cost us a whopping 4,500$ to replace the computer (that controls the transmission) and the transmission that is now being replaced with a new one.  Moral of this experience: I don't know because I haven't learned that one yet!

However, I am sure that it will end up being something along the lines of Dad to the rescue (again); patience is a virtue that needs some serious attention, being grateful for what you have, and trusting that somehow everything will be alright in the end. right?

RIGHT!!

Onto my least favorite topic, financial aid. Still working on that one, waiting for my college loan to be approved and then we are all set. hopefully.  Quite a bit back I was talking to my Dad (no surprise there) and I came to the conclusion that if I ever wanted to move back home (meaning Washington) I needed to finish my teaching degree so that I could support our family while Monty found a job as a cop.  So, in addition to just generally wanting to feel like I've accomplished something in my life.. I am homesick and have been for since I saw the Columbia River slowly shrink from my sight as we drove from Washington to Hinesville, Georgia in 2004.   I cried for an hour in that big blue truck.  It was miserable for me and for Monty. 

Lastly, a win for the team. Peter-Leo's soccer team.  They played an awesome game on Saturday, while yes they got the W but more importantly they played soo well and as a team! The teamwork these kids displayed was great!! And the parents were just soo thrilled, hardly any of us, cared what the score was. Really!  Of course I'm so proud of Peter-Leo, he got 2 assists! This is a big accomplishment because he is NOT an aggressive player! To finally see some of that happening was just priceless... if only I had a camera!

Oh one more thing...  just a warning... fire ants..from personal experience.. don't step onto their mounds... hundreds will come out and start biting you! And your foot might swell up a bit and it will not be fun.  Heed my advice or your foot will be not good.

Tag! You're It!
Michelle