Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Adventures

We had lots and lots of fun with the Prostrollo family over the Thanksgiving holiday. We spent Wednesday and Thursday at their house. We always have fun with them. We laugh and talk and laugh some more!!

Here are some photos from our 2 days at their place.

A view to the lake on the camp.

On the walking tour of the camp, here is the bridge that spans across the lake.

Erin and Kody busting a move to some game on the Wii

At the last minute Dana and I decided we should have smores!
Despite the look Kody loves them!

Climbing the dirt mountain.

Look Mom we made it to the top!!

A closer shot of them at the top of the dirt pile/mountain.

Down in the lake, you can see some of the remodeling they are
doing to create spawning areas and more depth for future wild life.

Later in the day we went back to the dirt mountain,
here is Peter-Leo laying in the hollow space caused by water erosion.
 That photo is important because while we were climbing it and playing... the kids were talking about the water erosion in the dirt and how it would take thousands of years for the water cause a rock to look like the dirt did. What smart kids I have!!

Peter-Leo's runway for his lego airplane.
 Another great story, Peter-Leo drew the runway and tried with no success to "fly" the lego plane.  He told me he needed more force and velocity underneath the wing span so it could life off. Uncle Everrett had a box fan, but it wasn't enough, and neither was the leaf blower or the air compessor. Oh well back to the drawing board for this Wright Brother!!

Monty on the bridge.
 While we were walking around the camp on Thanksgiving Day I was exploring one side of the dried up lake bed and discovered a bunch of animals bones.  So I called to the kids and Monty ""I found a bunch of bones on the other side of the lake, wanna go find more?" to which they answered "where? let's go!" (from Peter-Leo) and "Can we find a dinosaurs' bones too?" (from Kody.)  Sadly we did not find any dinosaur bones, however we did find gator, deer, and possibly beaver bones.

For me this trip was one of the best. The kids and I got to explore and learn about science and brought it to life, making it touchable and real.  Anytime my kids and I are learning; we are living and we love it!!

Plus we got to see and be with our bestest friends!!  I do not call many people friends but Dana & Everrett and Erin and Tia (even though she wasn't there) are.  I am so grateful to have them!!  I can't wait until we get to spend more time with them!

Tag! You're it!
Michelle