Sunday, April 22, 2012

In other BIRD WATCHING news!!

Ok, I admit my minor obsession with Bird Watching has turned into a mild obsession with Bird Watching.  So, today when a new bird (two of them) landed on the feeder I was excited!  I quietly got my camera out and snapped a shot of the bigger one that was sitting on the feeder. 

And here he is! What a beautiful little bird!

NOT NATIVE TO OUR AREA!!
As I did some research on what species of bird this was I was completely astounded to discover it is not native to our area, it just migrates through!!  Honestly, what are the odds that this migrating bird would land at my bird feeder! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK!!

Such exciting stuff!!  Oh, about the bird. Still kind of caught up in the excitement!

It is a Rose Breasted Grosbeak.  It is a male Rose Breasted Grosbeak and they were both very pretty. Although I only got a photo of the larger one. 

In case you are curious, here is a link to see more about this bird: 
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Rose-breasted_Grosbeak/id


Tag! You're It!
Michelle