Monday, April 16, 2012

A visit to the Devil's Millhopper (aka limestone sinkhole)

While, it was fascinating to learn about how the massive 10 story deep limestone sinkhole was created;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Millhopper_Geological_State_Park 
it was even more fun to actual go down all 212 steps to the bottom! It was amazing!


Here are some photos of our adventure a few days before Easter. I know I am late posting them, but the photos had a hard time loading. I don't know why, they just did!


Going down!

Yes that is Kody and Peter-Leo making their way down the stairs.

View from the bottom looking up to the top!

The kids and I at the bottom! We made it!

We saw a few small waterfalls as we walked down.
 It was very pretty and calm.

"Finally! We made it to the bottom!"

"This is it? I walked down so far and this is it?"
I guess the waterfalls weren't big enough for her!

Our on way back to the top!
This was the view from the top looking down into the Devil's Millhopper.

It was a really long drive, 2 hours, for a 40 minute hike! In the end I think it was worth the time stuck in the car to have an opportunity to see such a cool and beautiful thing!

Tag! You're It!
Michelle