Tuesday, May 10, 2011

catching up...

oh man. it's been a few days. and I must say... while nothing earth shaking has happened we've had a few precious moments this past weekend.  Between soccer and friends and crafts.. I can not describe how at peace I have felt.. (until Sunday afternoon anyways, but that's not important.)
First we had our good friends (and hubby's cop buddy and fellow 1st counselor in a ward bishopric) Keith & Amanda join us for the weekend. It was nice to see them.  I don't know Amanda very well, but she is always fun to talk to and hang out with. And hey, even I didn't like them.. I love their two little girls!
Saturday morning, they got up and went to the zoo and I headed out for Kody's last soccer game of her first soccer season..even now I am grabbing a tissue.

 Being silly before kick off..
 Number 6 leading the pack!  She did score a goal on this drive!! Go Kody Go!!

 The last line up.. at the end of the game..

Saturday night our ward had their Girls Camp Fundraiser Dinner & Cake Auction. While in our previous ward we have seen this type of activity there was one difference! Before the main cakes were auctioned off our caller gathered all the little kids to auction off cupcakes (mostly for a dollar or whatever the child had.)

Bishop Wilheim, our auction caller, handing out the cupcakes!

Yes, one of the 'bigger' kids had to get into the action too. Go figure.

Brother Welch, Kody and his little daughter ( i love, love, love that red hair!) enjoying their cupcakes.
This is the Welch's older daughter, (isn't she so, so, so cute!!) with the ruins of cupcake on her face!
 
It was a great time. I love this family.  There are one of several things/people I miss about our old ward.  Mother's Day morning was great. I got a very cute tissue paper flower corsage from Kody & a flower drawing and poem from Peter-Leo. Which is so precious to me. 
After church services, the Welch family had to drive home. We were sad to see them go, but we are super excited that they invited us up to their house for the weekend to enjoy their pool and most importantly there friendship! Yippee.