Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Giant cinnamon rolls, toads and woodpeckers!

While the title may throw you off a bit.. they all happened today.  I made a giant cinnamon roll and we saw toads swimming and woodpeckers visiting our backyard trees.


First of all I don't normally like cinnamon rolls... but I found a recipe for a GIANT one. It was alot easier than I thought it was going to be..  and of course yummy. This photo is of the one that requires no yeast. I have a friend that is allegric to yeast.  So I was trying to find something I could make for her.

WINNER!





As usual I am always parnoid about the inside still being mushy while the edges are burnt. Not here!!



Second, this morning before the cinnamon roll and bread making (might post about the bread making adventure.. not sure yet) Kody and I went outside to water our garden and she found a couple toads. Which is no big deal... but this little fella...



is stuck in Dixie's water bowl. After a couple quick photos we poured him and the water out.
What a nice little toad!!


Lastly, some of you may remember the woodpecker that came to visit our trees... today he brought two more friends! Yay. I was able to take a couple photos of one of them before Dixie scared them off. Bad dog!

Oh well. What a beauty!


At least until he starts attacking our house and then we've got a problem.