Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I made a dress.. oh. my. heavens.

Yes, that's right people. I made a dress.. not a skirt... no pj bottoms.. a flippin dress.. And darn cute dress that I might actually wear out in public.  Although I need some kind of strappy sandal or maybe my black ballet flats would be okay... err. IDK!

I found this brillant idea over at
http://verdantbents.blogspot.com/2011/04/empire-sheet-dress-tutorial-get.html#comments
she's got some great and fun stuff over there... so... two bucks (plus the elastic and thread I already had) and four hours later.. yes four hours.. I have a preschooler who likes to play with me... I don't know why I am totally boring (but that's another post..)

First my proof..
now, now don't get your panties in a wad.. it was sheet set.. and I only used the flat sheet so half of 1.99 is about a buck.

Now the next 3 shots aren't the most flattering so ignore the bad hair, the bad lighting, the bad angles, the bad everything but the dress. Also the dress is a sundress which meant sleeveless.. I am mormon and we don't wear sleeveless so until I learn how to make/sew sleeves I wear cardigans. Deal with it. =)



And no I did not cut my thumb while making this dress.. I was painting a new table for our playroom and got a splinter from heck. Oh wait never mind you can barely see the bandaid!