Monday, May 16, 2011

lemons and oranges coming right up...

in a month or so anyways.  As another step in my garden adventure.. I went to lowe's are purchased two of the cutest fruit trees I could afford.
A lovely lemon and a awesome orange.  I did my research and thankfully this two species of trees are container friendly (although much care is required.) Since we can't dig up the yard (our landlords would not like that)... it's more container gardening for us!


 Kody waters the trees after I transplanted them from their plastic cups..
into larger ones! ($5 at Wally's SCORE!)

 Kody waters them with her watering can.. this is usually the container she uses to help me water the tomatoes, carrots, peas, cucumbers, herbs, and zucchini!

 PEEK-A-BOO!

just the beginnings of a lovely lemon... I can almost taste the lemon tarts now.