Saturday, April 2, 2011

Adventures With The Stock Family

We are always excited to have old friends come to visit us. And it's even more fun when they spend the night and our kids get to play longer! Yay for the Stocks! While our orginial intent was to go to the Jax Zoo, it was a flippin mad house... and that was just the line to get in. I have NEVER seen the line so long! 
Generally, speaking I am NOT a patient person, but I will wait in long lines when I have to. But I didn't have to... we busted out of that crowded parking lot and jammed over to Ferd-Beach.
I love my beach. It's always amazing what I find and see.  I was blessed to have Amy's great husband Garrin with us.. and he watched my kids (and his own) while Amy and I took off down the beach. Just walking.. in addition to the usual dead jellyfish (although there was this huge monster one like the size of a soccer ball-cool stuff.) we found or saw...

This nice fisherman... caught a bonnethead shark and let me take a photo of it before he released it back into the ocean. Amazing little fella.. CRIKEY!! (in my bestest Steve Irwin voice!)

I saw this in the surf and wondered what it was.. so Amy went and picked it up. This isn't a totally great shot.. but then again I don't have a totally great camera. But that little white/gray spots (on the left side of the blob kind of where it looks like two arms hanging down, yes by there!)  is a teeny tiny shell! There is actual several teeny tiny shells growing/attached to this. CRIKEY!!  Isn't nature AMAZING!


We also found these five hooligans on the beach..

I call this one.. Marilyn at the Beach.  

And lastly, I found these two cute lovebirds. Aren't they adorable??
(I think I just made myself gag! LOL!!)