Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference Spring 2011

Ok, Saturday sessions were a bust.( I did watch the morning session after the kids went to bed and it was great!!)  And honestly I didn't even try to make them.  But Sunday. We made it through the first session. And no I am not trying the second one. Although I did record all of them that way we have them to watch for FHE (one talk at a time) and for just me to watch. 
I found this idea at several different blog/craft pages.  And I modified it because I was lazy. Instead of hand stenciling cute metal buckets or breaking out my imaginary cricut machine and making dazzling vinyl lettering... I did this. GOOD ENOUGH!! And it worked. All they had to do was listen for 1 of the 5 key words (prophet, family, prayer, Jesus Christ, and temple) and they were able to get a 2-3 pieces from the bag labeled with that word. Brillant!


Here are the kids digging in!


Kody heard another "Jesus Christ" and she went straight to that bag, grabbed her treats!!

Here is a front shot.. Peter-Leo had the blue plate and Kody had the red one. 

This was a good idea.. although I might do a few healthy snacks next time instead of just candy.  It pretty much worked for about the first hour and after that (either the sugar kicked in or they got bored) they started coloring their activity packets.

I tried.